Wednesday, April 3, 2013

LIEBSTER Blogger Award!

"The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find new blogs that they want to follow"

I was nominated for the Liebster Award guys!! Nika over at Nika's Beauty Land  nominated me and I adore her blog so I was thrilled :) Head over to see her blog for some fun beauty posts :)

The Rules
  • List 11 facts about yourself
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
  • Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate
  • Choose 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate
  • Let everyone know they've been picked
11 Random Facts About Me: 
  1. I love koala bears and would seriously own one as a pet if I could :)
  2. After becoming a psychology major I psychoanalyze everyone I meet without realizing it.
  3. I speak baby language to my dog---she loves it what can I say?? haha Yes, I'm one of those!
  4. I like decorating outdoors--particularly planting flowers in the Spring
  5. I am super excited to be attending the 3rd Annual NYC IMATS this weekend :)
  6. My makeup collection isn't that big, I tend to feel bad for buying more than 1 or 2 things per category (ex: concealer etc) unless I am trying out something for a product review here on my blog. 
  7. I have many nice things but I am super budget oriented...probably why I have the nice things I do, I am able to splurge sometimes from the things I have saved on! haha 
  8. I have only dyed my hair once--don't know that I would do it again, never say never though ;)
  9. I went to an all girls high school and only had 34 people in my graduating class...'05 woohoo! 
  10. My boyfriend went to an all boys school, we didn't meet until college though and before attending the college we met at, we were contemplating attending another college..the same one! You could say we are meant to be :) <3
  11. Blogging is my guilty pleasure..that and reality tv :)
Nika's Questions For Me: 
1. Who was the first person you told about writing a blog?
  • My boyfriend was the first person I told, he was bound to find out because I spent so much time perfecting my very first post..perfectionist right here lol
2. In what you are interested beside beauty?
  • I love writing and helping others..I am said to be a very good advice giver :) I also love to cook---if you are familiar with my blog you know I post many recipes. I also love photography and outdoor activities..oh and let's not forget traveling!
3. If you could buy just one brand of makeup for the resr of your life, which would it be?
  • I have had great luck with L'Oreal products so I would probably choose them for the drugstore and outside of the drugstore I would choose Urban Decay! 
4. How much time you dedicate to your blog, per week?
  • 3-4 hours a week 
5. Who is your favourite beauty blogger, why?
  • I really like reading everyone's posts, it is hard to choose a favorite but if I absolutely had to it would probably be Kandee Johnson. After meeting her, she and her writing is hard not to love!
6. What is your dream job?
  • My dream job would be traveling the world with my husband and children exposing ourselves to all of the unique cultures of this world. I would travel for a month or two at each "site" and volunteer my skills and give tons of love and hopefully hope to those in need. I would love my children to grow in this type of environment and befriend children of all shapes and sizes while becoming little philanthropists at the same time :) What a rewarding experience?! This isn't really a job because I would love it so much it would be hard to consider it work!
7. Share one beauty trick, the best one.
  • Drink tons of water and moisturize before bed. I live by those two rules--that and change your bed sheets weekly, this really helps maintain clear healthy looking skin, simple but very worthwhile!
8. What advice would you give for beginners on blogger?
  • I've been asked this before and I always say the same thing, write about what you love--whatever that may be. Write like you are speaking to friends, that is when you are most honest!
9. Do you wear any makeup when you are home?
  • I rarely wear makeup during the week unless it's date night or another special occasion. I like to let my face "breathe" during the week. 
10. How do you apply make up (with brushes, fingers)?
  • Depends, some things apply better with fingers and some better with brushes :)
11. Which person is most special in your life?

  •  Must I choose just one?! :( lol I would say friends and family BUT since I must choose just one, I would say my boyfriend. Almost 8 years later and he still gives me butterflies <3 
 My Questions for Nominees
  1. What are your favorite types of posts to do?
  2. Do you prefer BB Creams or foundation or nothing at all?
  3. Favorite drugstore makeup brand
  4. What is your biggest challenge when it comes to blogging?
  5.  Are you more prone to read blogs that are visually appealing or content appealing?
  6. Who inspired you to start blogging?
  7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
  8. Which Spring beauty trend are you looking forward to most?
  9. Do you watch YouTube videos and if so, which are some of your favorite channels to watch?
  10. Have you ever been to an IMATS? If so, which one?
  11. How long have you been blogging?
My Nominees:
Take a moment to check out all of the bloggers I nominated above, they all have something unique to offer :)

xox

2 comments:

  1. http://eldeliciamua.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/liebster-award.html
    finished :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done!:) love your blog too, now following xxx
    www.trustinvogue.com

    ReplyDelete